Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Beginning

I am going to try blogging again. This time I am going to write about something I have fun with and want to improve my skill at- Photography.

I am not much or a portait photographer but I do love taking photos of architure, nature and things around me. I am getting more into Macro photography.

Not all my posts will have photos but at least one a week will be a photograph. My assignment for the year is to post a photograph a week. This does not mean that all the photos will be good. It does mean that for one reason or another this is a photograph that I want to share. It maybe that there were mistakes in the photo or I am trying a new technique or it is one I like or it could be that I think it is good.

I will appreciate all comments, others looking and commenting on my work as well as passing on tips and links will help me to improve as a photographer.

As to my camera. I am using a Canon T2i. It fits my hands well and was afforable and has been very dependable. I have had very good luck in the past with Canon cameras. I have an old Canon Powershot that I took on a trip and unfortunately it was dropped on to a tiled concret floor several times and continued to work for a few more years.

My lens are: a EF-S 18-135mm and Canon EF 100mm Macro. I am looking at other lens but right now I have to wait a bit before I can buy another lens. I occassionally rent lens to try out so I can decide which lenses I would like to buy and will post my results and my opinion of the lens.

I think that I have rambled enough. Welcome to this adventure of this dangerous combination: A Mom (me) and a Camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment