Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A barn

Near my house there is an old barn that is interesting to look at and photograph. It appears to be abandoned with lots of antique farm equipment in it. I have been out several times to photograph it and have found that I have been happier when I take the photographs as HDRs because there is so much detail that is captured in the HDR that is not caught in a regular photograph.

I have taken a lot of photos of this barn from many different angles to in order to try to capture what it is about it that intrigues me with it. I am only going to post three of my favorites. These were not all taken on the same day or even the same time of the day. I took all the photos of this barn standing on the side of the road since I have no clue who owns it and I didn't want to trespass.

This first photo is of the side of the barn that has fallen in. You can see a lot of the equipment that is under the remnants of the hay and barn including several antique John Deere tractors. This photo was taken on a clear day at sunset and is composed of 3 brackets with my 18-135mm lens. I have made a print of this photograph on metallic paper and the halos that I see on the screen are not as visible on the print.


The second photo of two of the tractors. I was using a 70-200mm lens and was able to get in closer to see the details of the tractors and other equipment that is in the barn. This photo was taken several days later on a cloudy day early afternoon again using 3 brackets.


The third photo is of the front tractor from a different angle. You can see more details of this tractor from this angle. This was taken the same day and time as the previous photo also using 3 brackets.


I will continue to go back and photograph this barn as the seasons change and the elements take their toll on the barn.

No comments:

Post a Comment